It is not impossible to lose 10 pounds in 3 days. However, do keep in mind that, if you haven’t gone through a detoxification procedure before, you will most likely eliminate 80% water and only 20% fat. Only after all water deposits are eliminated, you will manage to lose 100% fat with every pound. This is why it is recommended that, when ending this short diet, you must switch to a healthy eating style and keep it on for as long as possible, preferably forever.
General rules of healthy nutrition
- Only healthy liquids (water, homemade juice, unsweetened tea);
- Replace all processed foods with homemade meals and raw foods;
- Replace any carbohydrates with whole grains;
- Drink alcohol rarely and in moderation;
- Avoid processed sweets and replace them with fruit;
- Never overeat.
The 3-day diet
An example of a fast and efficient 3-day diet is the following:
Eat a handful of strawberries, berries, blackberries, an orange or half a grapefruit every morning. Drink black coffee or tea. Drink at least two liters of water every day so that you can neutralize the body’s water retention tendency.
- Day 1:
- Lunch: 200 grams of white meat with no fat, such as white fat-free fish or chicken breast, and a slice of whole grain bread. You can drink black coffee or tea.
- Dinner: the same as lunch, but only eat 100 grams of white meat.
- Lunch: a bowl of salad without dressing, other than half a teaspoonful of olive oil and a little bit of salt. If you can give up the salt, it would be great. Choose mainly vegetables with green leaves, such as salad, cabbage, cucumbers. A slice of whole grain bread.
- Dinner: the same as lunch, but only eat half a bowl of salad.
- Lunch: 200 grams of pasta with tomato sauce (the homemade alternative to ketchup) or sugar.
- Dinner: one slice of cake, one ice-cream or a couple of biscuits.
The most frequent danger of any 3-day diet is the yoyo effect, which means the natural tendency of the human body to regain weight after any fast weight loss. This effect can be counteracted by following the rules of healthy eating: serve meals within 1500 calories a day (women) or 2000 calories daily (men), unless your daily activities include intense physical activity. In this case, you must increase the amount of daily calorie intake according to the amount of working out you perform.