There are many ways to lose weight fast, yet not all of them benefit your health. While researching these alternatives, you must be able to discern among all the fast weight loss solutions and choose the one that fits your health, lifestyle and personality. Whatever you do, avoid starving for more than one week, make sure you eat a balanced menu, drink enough water and don’t take slimming pills issued by unknown manufacturers.
10 tips on how to lose weight fast
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Many people cannot find the time to work out daily, but taking the stairs is an efficient substitute for a couple of minutes of intense physical exercise in the gym. This simple exercise, together with other daily activities, can make a significant difference in your weight loss pace.
- Avoid processed foods from supermarkets. They contain refined sugar, food additives and high levels of salt and sodium. These substances will add extra calories to your diet, without you even noticing it.
- Prepare your meals at home, rather that eating out. This way you will know for sure what your menu consists of and you’ll be able to avoid eating hundreds of useless extra calories.
- Drink minimum 2 liters of water and healthy liquids every day, including unsweetened tea, skimmed milk, homemade fruit or vegetable juice. They will accelerate your digestion and help you eliminate excess water.
- Learn the right size of a serving. Overeating in one meal on a constant basis can add thousands of extra calories to your diet every week. Moreover, your stomach will dilute in time and you will need higher quantities of food.
- Avoid white bread with empty carbs, and replace it with whole grain bread, which has fewer calories and more fibers.
- Replace processed sweets with fruit. Even though you might not imagine your life without a sweet treat every now and then, you will get used to eating fruit in less than a week.
- Watch out for ‘dangerous’ beverages. Alcohol, sodas, cocktails and some varieties of coffee (any coffee except for the black one) add calories to your daily menu and don’t offer any feeling of satiety.
- Stop adding dressings and toppings to your salad. Many dressings contain food additives with many chemicals and a lot of extra calories. You can replace them with balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- Split your 3 main meals into 5 lighter ones. This will keep your metabolism alert throughout the day, will encourage your body to constantly use the energy reserves and will prevent fat accumulation.
Rather than resorting to miraculous weight loss solutions, such as food supplements in powder form, expensive gym equipment or weight loss massage (which could hurt your skin and leave you with bruises), follow the 10 tips above and you will notice the results in less than a week. Do not forget that short-term “wonder” solutions always come at a high price.
(Visited 302 times, 1 visits today)