Many of us want to lose a few pounds fast, to be in top shape for a special occasion. However, every short-term diet must be followed by a systematic long-term weight loss strategy, which combines healthy eating with physical activities, so that you can keep the weight off and manage to slim down even more.
Tips for fast weight loss
- Drink a minimum two liters of water a day. This will help eliminate the water deposits in your body and ensure you a fast loss of extra pounds caused by water retention. You can also substitute some amount of water with unsweetened tea and even with homemade vegetable juice.
- Work out every day. Even if you don’t have time for a full work-out practice, you can still replace taking the bus or driving with a long walk in a fast pace. Moreover, keep yourself busy all the time, doing housework, cooking, walking your dog or taking short breaks to walk with your friends or family.
- Increase your daily intake of raw foods. Raw foods are those foods you don’t have to cook. You can prepare various salads with greeneries and no dressing, except for salt and a little extra virgin olive oil (half a teaspoonful).
- Break up your three main meals into 6 or 7 lighter menus. Serve these meals every 2-3 hours, so that your body has constant, small energy reserves. This system of serving your food helps speed up your metabolism and also prevents hunger between main meals.
- Try to avoid eating at least a couple of hours before you go to bed. Also, keep yourself busy in the evenings, so you’re not tempted to eat whatever you find in the fridge.
- Pay attention to the signs of your body and try to realize when you want to eat because you’re hungry and when you tend to eat out of habit or boredom.
Following these tips leads to fast weight loss in a few days. In order to keep this weight off, continue following the above advice. You will eventually reach a plateau phase, when your body refuses to lose any more weight for some time (usually up to 2-3 weeks), but don’t lose your faith that you can obtain a perfect silhouette. Perseverance is the key to a slim, fit and flexible body.
(Visited 264 times, 1 visits today)