The HCG diet program is based on Dr. A.T.W. Simeons’ research, more than 50 years ago, who discovered that the Human Chorionic Gonadotropine hormone, also known as the pregnancy hormone, is extremely useful in weight loss.
HCG diet phases: Loading, Maintenance and Stabilization
The HCG diet has three phases according to the British endocrinologist:
1. The loading phase, which lasts for 2 days, when the dieter needs to eat as many sweet and greasy foods as possible, so that he creates energy reserves for the restrictive diet to come;
2. The maintenance phase, which has a variable length, depending on the number of excess pounds the individual wants to get rid of. Considering this factor, there are:
- short 21-day HCG programs, for those who want to lose between 5 and 15 pounds,
- 30+-day programs, for individuals who are slightly overweight, and
- 40+-day programs, for the obese.
There is a large variety of HCG weight loss products, such as homeopathic HCG, HCG liquid drops, HCG shots and slimming pills with HCG. The length of each type of program depends on the mechanism of fabrication of the HCG products. Some products contain highly diluted hormone, thus the frequency of administration as well as the duration of the program is slightly longer,
while other products have a higher concentration of hormone, and thereby work faster.
During maintenance, the dieter will start taking HCG and follow a very low calorie diet (VLCD) of only 500 calories a day.
3. The stabilization phase, which lasts for exactly 28 days (4 weeks), is supposed to help the dieter’s body adjust to a normal eating style. In this phase, the dieter will gradually add new foods into his diet, and increase the calorie intake.
Many nutritionists have transformed and adapted Dr. Simeons’ HCG diet, modifying the diet protocol, the means of administration or its phases. For instance, Kevin Trudeau suggests that the dieter can accelerate the weight loss process by following a one-month detoxification diet prior to the loading phase.
Even though the HCG diet program is a source of constant controversy, thousands of people managed to lose weight on HCG products and transform their lives completely. In most cases, the diet causes no side effect and does not encourage the yoyo reaction either.
(Visited 379 times, 1 visits today)