The quick weight loss diets are meant to help you eliminate a few pounds in a very short amount of time, so that you can be in top shape for an event or a special occasion. Many of these diets shouldn’t be followed in the long run, as they can lead to nutritional deficiencies and health problems. However, they are completely harmless on a short term base.
In the following, we will present you two options of fast weight loss diets: the 5-factor diet and the cabbage soup diet.
The 5-factor diet
It lasts for 7 days and follows 5 principles:
- Serve 5 meals every day.
- Follow the 5 criteria for each of these meals.
- Don’t spend more than 5 minutes preparing a meal, and only use 5 ingredients.
- Work out 25 minutes a day, for 5 days a week, for 5 weeks in a row.
- Eat whatever you please in the last day.
The 5 criteria:
- Only eat quality protein, with low fat.
- Eat fibers.
- Drink unsweetened beverages.
- Only eat healthy fat.
- Eat carbs with low GI: low Glycemic Index carbohydrates produce only
small changes in your blood sugar and insulin levels and are found in: wholegrain bread and pasta, bran barley or oats based cereals, doongara and basmati rice (avoid eating potatoes!), fruit and salad vegetables.
This diet comes together with a detailed meals plan, guidelines and suggestions of foods you can serve.
The cabbage soup diet
This diet is extremely famous and successful among many women. Even though it will make you starve, it also gives good results. Considering that it lasts for only 7 days, you should be able to resist the temptation of cheating on the diet.
The diet plan:
You can have as much soup and water as you want. Besides soup, this is what you should eat every day:
- Day 1: Fruit, except for bananas, cranberry juice and unsweetened tea and coffee.
- Day 2: Vegetables in any form – raw, cooked or salads, except for dry beans, sweet corn and peas. A baked potato with butter for dinner.
- Day 3: Combine the first two days, but don’t eat the potato.
- Day 4: Eat maximum 8 bananas and drink as much skimmed milk as you want.
- Day 5: 300-500 g of beef or broiled or baked chicken, and up to 6 fresh tomatoes.
- Day 6: 2-3 beef steaks and vegetables.
- Day 7: Eat as much brown rice as you want, vegetables and unsweetened fruit juices.
Even though the cabbage soup diet includes many foods you can eat in any quantity, it will make you starve more than the 5-factor diet.
Both diets had success among dieters and helped them lose weight. Yet, none of them should be followed more than 7 days, but with a certain break in-between (of at least another 7 days). For long-term weight loss, focus more on combining a healthy life style with a lot of work out.
(Visited 447 times, 1 visits today)