Yogurt smoothies with fresh fruit and sweetened with stevia make up for extremely delicious and easy to make weight loss drinks with lots of possible variations depending which fruit you use.
- Yogurt, like milk, contains lots of calcium which helps you burning fats and limits the amounts of fat your body produces. However not everybody likes its sour taste and this is where stevia comes in.
- Stevia is a plant you can easily grow on your balcony. The leaves or its pure extracts are the ideal calorie free sweetener to neutralise or sweeten a sour taste. Maybe you experienced stevia not to be the ideal sweetener for coffee and tea or in other recipes, and you gave up on it already? In that case, do try it with yogurt: it’s a complete different sweetness than the one you experienced with coffee and tea. Also make sure you use a pure stevia extract and not PureVia or Truvia: these 2 contain mainly the cheap sweetener erythritol and as such do contain carbohydrates.
- Now add in any fresh fruit that you like: (straw)berries are ideal, and you only need a few to make a neutral yogurt taste like a delicious fruit smoothie. Price-wise, it’s always recommended to buy fruits that are in season. Buy a bit more than you can eat and freeze the rest in for winter.
Making a yogurt smoothie is easy: you can get inspiration anywhere on the Internet: just change sugar, honey or maple syrup with stevia: add a bit, blend your smoothie and taste.
- If you want more sweetness, add more stevia.
- If you want more sourness, add more yogurt or sour fruits like a green kiwi.
- For a more creamy consistency, you can use frozen fruits or if you want to make sure you get all the nutrients out of fresh fruit, you can equally well freeze your yogurt in stead. Or use the thicker Greek yogurt and simply add so much icecubes until you reach a desired smoothie consistency.
Watch the video how to make a healthy breakfast smoothie with Greek yogurt, berries, banana, pineapple and peaches. Simply substitute the nectar with stevia and you will have a fast and delicious breakfast filled with proteins, fibers, vitamins and minerals.
(Visited 292 times, 1 visits today)